"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 07, 2007

Parallel Jars of Formaldehyde

Phil Windley observing Parallels in action...

One of the cool features of Parallels is something they call “Smart Select.” With Smart Select you can specify which file types are handled by which application and in which OS. So for example, you can specify that Word docs are always opened in Office 2007 in Windows, regardless of which OS you click on the document. Or that clicking on a URL, regardless of which OS you’re using always opens the page in Safari on the Mac.
Little jars of formaldehyde to preserve the remains of yesterday's mammoth operating systems.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.